Here are some great links to get ready for the new year.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
I can't say 2008 was the best year of my life but at least it was not the worst. I am looking forward to 2009; I have a feeling that it is going to be a very good year. Christmas was nice even though it was simpler from other years. The big hits for gifts were the XXX Porn for Women and the Avon Auto Life Hammer. While I'm excited to see what the new year will bring, I'm sad about the holidays coming to an end. I would like to do Christmas all over again and try to recapture the joy and anticipation it brought me as a child.
Posted by Midnight Cowgirl at 8:12 AM
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
I am really inspired by Gala at iCiNG and have finally decided to start my own Things I Love Thursday. If you haven't visited her blog, you really need to.
- Celebrity YouTube videos
- "Eat Yourself" by Goldfrapp - a haunting tune even if the lyrics don't make any sense.
- i can has cheezeburger - lol cats are taking over the world. A purrfect pick me up and surefire way to put a smile on your face.
- The Black List 2008 Top Screenplays - Want to know what the new IT movie is? This list of favorite but unproduced screenplays is Hollywood's thermometer.
- Making lists - New Year's Resolutions, Life Goals, To Do Lists, Reading Lists...I always feel better after I make a list, but I'm so bad about actually doing them.
What do you love on Thursdays?
Posted by Midnight Cowgirl at 7:43 AM
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Want to buy creative gifts for Christmas but don't know what to get? Here is a list of gadgets that will keep anyone entertained.
1. Diana+ 35mm Back, $50 - take cool pictures with a lomography camera2. You're in the Movies Xbox 360, $69 - with this game you can put yourself in the movies
3. Pure Home Soda Maker, $144.99 - make your own soda at home
4. Weezer Gunnar Optiks, $119 - prevent eye strain with digital performance eyewear
5. Black Pulse Smartpen Pro Pack, $239.95 - pen records audio and links to what you write
Special thanks to Laurel Ann at Jane Austen Today for the copy of Reading Group Choices!
Posted by Midnight Cowgirl at 6:45 AM
Friday, December 5, 2008
Fall 2008 had some interesting beauty trends, and while Spring has hit the catwalk, I am finally in the mood to tackle a wintery look. Since I am constantly short on cash, I focus on looks that can be copied at a cheap price, say the cost of a new lipstick. What's a girl to do with the panda eyes, black lipstick, and bright blue eye shadow that walked down the fall runway? Somehow I do no think these looks are work or even party appropriate - unless a look reminiscent of a futuristic vampire works for your crowd. Still, I am tempted to buy the Shiseido The Makeup Hydro-Powder Eye Shadow in Proenza Schouler Blue or the YSL GLOSS PUR Black Pure Lip Shine Gloss.
Panda Eyes at Balenciaga above and Lavin below
Yves Saint Laurent does gothic lips
Blue Eyes at Proenza Schouler
Posted by Midnight Cowgirl at 12:52 PM