I am really taken with Marc Jacob's Spring 2009 collection. A part gypsy and a dash Mary Poppins, his collection allows you to mix a bunch of trends (vests, wide belts, bangle bracelets...) and still look fresh - although a bit costume-y. For more pics, visit style.com.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
I passed my course for CPR today but am a nervous wreck from waiting to see if I passed. Life has been so hectic lately that I decided to take time out and remind myself about what is good in life.
- Inauguration Style - Will the First Lady be hip again? Please, stay tuned...
- Overheard in New York - Overheard conversations are always the most interesting.
- Classic Board Games - Clue is my fave, but Mall Madness and Pretty Pretty Princess are close.
- Happy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies - I'm not even vegan but these are good.
- Origami Club - Nice and easy directions and animations so I can flood the world with paper cranes.
- Fifty People One Question - A great idea for a short documentary. Makes me want to bust out my camera and hit the street.
- OPI You Don't Know Jacques - My friend gave me a manicure with this color, and now I am addicted. Even though it is taupe, it is actually very flattering.
- Chinese Laundry Bounty platforms - I saw these on Who What Wear and think these would look amazing with colored tights and a sundress.
Friday, January 9, 2009
- House of Harlow 1960 - bohemian-inspired jewelry by Nicole Richie (and at an affordable price point).
- Coffee Cuff - an ingenious idea to make a cuff bracelet double as jacket for your cup of joe.
- Gray Nails - the new black for spring. Sephora by OPI in Run With It offers an easy way to try this trend with it's shimmering dove gray color.
- Harem Pants - I haven't been brave enough to try this trend, but it is definitely on my to-do list. Free People currently offers 3 styles.
- Frugal Snob - The Bag Snob takes a frugal look at stylish purses. MICHAEL Michael Kors "Austin" Small Messenger Crossbody Bag and Lucky Brand Jeans "Leather Foldover" Bag are my favorites, and both are under $200.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
- "You Found Me" by The Fray - it's the song I have on repeat this week
- Cake Wrecks - this blog features cakes gone horribly gone. Sooo funny.
- Passive-Aggressive Notes - Like the name implies...
- How to Survive a Renaissance Drama - I gave Shakespeare a go in college, but life would have been so much easier if I had read this first.
- Strike TV - Put together during 2007's writer's strike. These webisodes hit the spot.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
- College Fashion - Going back to school has inspired me to get the scoop on the latest tips and trends for students
- Post Punk Kitchen Blog - While I am not a vegan, these recipes look good
- How to Fold a T-shirt - A very cool way to fold a t-shirt and actually pretty easy
- SPANA Boots by ALDO - Sexy foot fetish shoes
- Angels for Hope - Offers free crocheted angels for anyone in need of hope
- Day Zero - 101 things to do in 1001 days project
- Liquid Metallic Tights - Modernize any dress with these super sweet tights from Urban Outfitters... and they would look amazing with those SPANA boots
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Happy New Year! I'm starting 2009 out right by remembering all the things I LoVe.
- My Family - they always have my back and offer a shoulder for me to cry on
- Jane Austen - who shapes the way I see the world and understands what I want in a man
- 2009 - I'm so happy to be starting a new year and hope this means a fresh start for me as well
- Bookstores - The best place to go when I am bored or depressed or happy or have money to spend
- Dancing - in my room, at work, while shopping, in front of strangers, with friends...
Posted by Midnight Cowgirl at 6:37 PM